Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy First Day of Spring!

Yesterday was the first day of spring and I can't think of anywhere more beautiful to be on the first day of spring than my dad's garden in Red Bluff. He's been working this garden for the past 20 years and let me tell you it is pretty incredible!

Particularly outstanding this year are the small yellow tulips that are blooming in the border around the house. My dad used to plant a hybrid tulip breed but for the last couple of years he's been doing these small non-hybrid tulips that are native plants from Afghanistan. His Japenese maples are looking great too. The shot below is of an incredible bright red one in the yard. Pics below also include shots of a magnolia tree that is still in bloom, some nice sedum in the park strip, and a shot of my mom's indoor violets that are looking quite beautiful too.

Here are the pics from around the garden yesterday, I hope you find them inspiring!








Happy spring to all!

--Lila


1 comment:

  1. My childhood memories of your dad are of always seeing him bent over gardening in your front yard while we ran aimlessly around the neighborhood. Pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete