Monday, May 9, 2011

The art (class) of bread making: Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread

Oh yes, I have skillz now. I can say I am a bread maker. Making 4 different types of bread counts as being a bread maker, right? Art class project/long-time goal has commenced.
Well, I started off with a doozy...a cinnamony, sugary, gooey, deliciousness of a bread. And it was out of sight in less than 16 hours.  Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread was recommended to me by one of my teacher friends and I'm so glad she did!
The players
Note the not-so-fancy imitation vanilla, but also note nutmeg from France. Yeah. Let's hallucinate. 
 
My favorite players from the recipe photo-op are the eggs. They are Floppy eggs. Meet our chicken:
I love her, even if I sometimes curse her because she acts like a runaway teenager. 
 
Back to gooey deliciousness and away from Barred Rock chickens. As my first bread experiment, it was a bit complicated with all the ingredients and such, but then all the other bread making was down hill...except the pita. It all started with mixing up the dry and wet ingredients and stirring them into a sticky mess, which resulted in zero pictures because I couldn't even unstick my own two hands. It will be super sticky, but don't fret, it will eventually become tamer and ready to be rolled into a 12" X 20" oval.
Kind of wishing I had a rolling pin, but I did have a long, sharp knife pointed at you!

Then butter it up and sprinkle your heart away with the cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg. 
 
Cut the dough into 6 slices. Then stack the slices and cut into 6 squares. Shove those babies into a greased loaf pan. 
 
Um, eat. Preferably with milk and right out of the oven.

Big thumbs up on the dessert bread factor. My housemates loved it. I loved it. I think you will love it. The recipe can be found here, at Joy the Baker.

Washing it down with some milk as we speak.

-Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment