Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Where are they?" Oh, we went for little jog...

End of summer hiatus is over! I was busy being "teacher" this past month for a summer school class and just did not have enough energy to write and train for a 1/2 marathon at the same time. Yes, a half marathon. The "Tierra Rural" gals worked their little hineys out for the past several months and finished the short jaunt last Sunday at the America's Finest City Half Marathon in San Diego. Lila got a PR (personal record; yay!) and I finished my first half. And I am still recovering by sleeping a lot and eating junk food all day. Ahh, the joy of brutally running yourself to death one day and next stuffing your face with all and any yummy food in sight. Can't wait to run the next one!
Nervously smiling before the race.

We even had a Tierra Rural follower join the race with us...bf Tyler! So I felt we were well represented. :) I think I am going to do the half in Carlsbad in January too, but I promise I won't take off the next 4 months of life just to train.

We even got GOLD medals. And, yes, it is hanging in my room for all myself and Tyler to see.

While Lila was visiting we had a TR pow wow and redesigned the site to reflect our "trendy, gal pal" friendship we share. Our blog designer (it's Lila) did an awesome job creating a new layout and we even added a few tid bits about ourselves. Tah dah!

More summer events and ideas will be shared in the near future! I am happy to be back. :)

Marci

2 comments:

  1. Way to go you trendy tierra rural gal pals! BTW those pictures of me are terrible! Like I couldn't look at the camera for just one of them?!?

    Did you get a chance to look at your pictures from the race?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, my pictures are hot! However I don't understand why you and Tyler have like 15 pictures each and I only have 4. I need to rethink my arm position during the race because I think they sabotaged my bib number views.

    ReplyDelete