Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First Fall Meal: Roasted Vegetables with Pork Tenderloin

To me, fall cooking means savory, hearty, warm, filling and slowed down. Days are shorter with evening's darkness falling around 5pm. Senior special dinner anyone?

Growing up, my parents always had the dinner on the table at 5pm. My dad rolled in from work and...bam! we were all settled and ready to eat. When the weekend finally arrived my dad always made up some slow cooked, hearty meals like beef stew. So when I noticed this week that the days were colder and night was falling early I thought I would bust out a simple fall meal that pleases all. (well at least Tyler and me)

Roasted Vegetables with Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:

5 carrots
1 sweet potato
3 rutabagas
2 onions
1 tablespoon of rosemary
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Sprinkles of salt
Twists of pepper grinder
1-2 lbs pork tenderloin
Pork tenderloin marinade

Prepare pork tenderloin marinade and put in large plastic bag with pork tenderloin. Mix together and place in refrigerator to marinate for 1-2 hours.
With 30 minutes remaining to finish marinating the pork, preheat oven to 350F degrees. Cut all vegetables into 1/2" pieces and place in 13X9" glass pan. Chop up rosemary and sprinkle over vegetables along with salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix everything together. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove roasted veggie dish and place pork tenderloin in middle, surrounded by the veggies. Return dish to oven and cook for an additional 25 minutes, or until pork is done.
Good way to use root vegetables from CSA box! You can use potatoes, yams or squash too.

Bon appetit!

Marci

P.S. Our pumpkins only lured 3 trick-or-treaters this Halloween. One for each pumpkin I suppose. There was even a Luke Skywalker to match Tyler's Yoda pumpkin. I don't think the boy understood who Yoda was when I mentioned his friend was one of the carved pumpkins though.

No comments:

Post a Comment